Grampians Peaks Trail
Why we love this trip!
- No need to bring your map or compass on this fully guided trek. You can simply enjoy your walk and the stunning surroundings. This trek is the perfect introduction to multi-day trekking, none of the risk and a great stepping stone to solo multi-day treks
- Plenty of time to explore or relax in the afternoon when you arrive at camp, as your tent is set up and your meals are prepared for you
- Support regional businesses as all our delicious meals and wines are locally sourced
- Experience campsites that have an environmentally friendly focus that aim to reduce the impact of trekkers on flora and fauna
- Take some time to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and spend time in nature trekking through the stunning Australian Bush
- The perfect private trip for you and your friends if you would prefer not to travel with other people
The Grampians Peaks Trail will eventually extend for over 160 kilometres through the Grampians National Park. For now, the first section of this trail is open which covers 3 days and 2 nights of the grander plan.
This is a fully guided and supported trek and is a perfect combination of nature, walking and great food.
Who is this trip for?
If you love multi-day treks that have some demanding sections.
If you love supporting local businesses.
If you love camping out in nature but don't like to set up camp or cook meals.
If you love trekking through rugged Australian landscapes.
Other Australian Trips We Offer
Grampians Sip and Scramble: Four Day Hiking and Dining Experience
Yarra Valley Traipsing and Tasting: Four Day Hiking, Wining and Dining Experience
High Country Pedal and Prosecco: Four Day Cycling, Hiking and Dining Experience
Epic Victorian Traverse: Seven Day Trekking Adventure (not for the faint-hearted)!
As part of our risk mitigation plan, all domestic Australian group sizes have been capped at 8 guests, and New Zealand at 10.
If you'd prefer a private group with family or friends, don't hesitate to contact us to discuss
Just imagine sitting at your camp, miles from civilisation, in an ancient landscape watching the milky way explode to life above you and not having a care in the world. Your tents are set up, your dinner is made for you and even a bottle of local wine has just been opened. Your friends are laughing and reminiscing about the day's trek and the wonderful landscapes you have just experienced. Could life be any better?
Rising out of the flat landscape of Western Victoria, the ancient Grampians mountain range extends for 160 km north to south, creating a series of dramatic escarpments that reach heights of over 1100 meters. This is your home for 3 days and 2 nights.
Parks Victoria has developed a 13-day hike through this incredible country which will be rolled out of the coming years. The first section of the Grampians Peaks Trail has already opened and you can be one of the first to experience it on our fully guided and fully escorted trek.
All you need to do is get yourself to the Grampians and we will take care of all the rest!
Day 1 Friday: Halls Gap to Bugiga Hiker Camp (L, D) (5 hours trekking)
Day 2 Saturday: Bugiga Hiker Camp to Borough Huts Campground (B, L, D) (6 hours trekking)
Day 3 Sunday: Borough Huts to Halls Gap (B) (5 hours trekking)
Please note itinerary and night stays may change without notice due to availability of accommodation.
Day 1: Halls Gap to Bugiga Hiker Camp
Day 1 we will all meet at the Halls Gap Post Office by 9am before heading deep into the Grampians escarpment along one of the most popular day trails and beyond. The trail winds its way from Halls Gap via Splitters Falls and then through the famed Grand Canyon. After a few ladder climbs we will continue on through narrow rocky trails to the wonderful Pinnacle before heading south to Lakeside Lookout and ultimately our Bugiga Hiker Camp. This trail offers incredible views for most of the day. The actual walk is 8.6km and should take us 5 hours. (L, D)
Day 2: Bugiga Hiker Camp to Borough Huts Campground
This is a wonderful days trekking as we will summit Mt Rosea (1009 meters). To reach Mt Rosea along the Grampians Peak Trail, we must first negotiate our way through a maze of sandstone outcrops before reaching her summit. The views from the top are incredible with panoramas of the Serra and Mt William Ranges. Our long descent is through a sheltered forest to the Borough Huts Campground. The trek is 13.8km and should take us 5-6 hours. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Borough Huts to Halls Gap
After a delicious breakfast, we will walk along Bellfield Lake via the Bellfield Track and the Terraces Fireline all the way into Halls Gap for lunch at the Brewery. While this part of the trail is not part of the main Grampians Peak Trail, it is the only way at present to loop back to Halls Gap. We will cover approximately 14km which should take us about 5 hours. (B)
- Three days guided trek with an experienced guide
- Two nights camping along the Grampians Peaks Trail
- Meals outlined in the Itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag and mattress) (bag, mattress and backpacks available to hire)
- Lunch at the brewery on last day
- Breakfast on the first day
- Transport to and from the Grampians