- Visit pristine rainforest in search of the amazing Orangutan
- Bathe Elephants and do an Elephant trek
- Trek through beautiful primary forest and see Thomas Leaf Monkeys, Pig Tail and Long Tail Macaque, Monitor Lizards, Gibbons, wild peacocks and more.
- Part of your expedition cost is directly donated to save these wonderful creatures
Your home on this trip will be a mix of both basic guest houses, hotels and tents. You will be escorted from one destination to the next by our experienced local guide.
This expedition will help us save the environment of the critically endangered Sumatran Orangutan. Illegal Logging and encroachment of large scale mono crops such as Rubber and Palm Plantations, seriously threaten this wonderful habitat. Your expedition fee will adopt an Orangutan through the Australian Orangutan Project (AOP) and also protect 100 hectares of jungle from illegal logging through the Safe Guard Program.
Day 1 : Early morning flight to Medan. You will greeted at the airport by a No Roads representative and transferred to Tangkahan. Tangkahan is famous for its elephant safaris and wonderful jungle scenery. You will take a small punt across the river and check into the Mega Inn. After lunch we will go for a river walk and then tube down stream to a beautiful waterfall. We will then walk back to the Mega Inn for dinner. (B)
Day 2 : Elephant Trek - Bukit Lawang. This morning we will head off to a nearby Elephant Rangers Station. There, elephants are used to help Rangers monitor the nearby jungle and also offer elephant treks. After helping the Rangers bathe the elephants we will take a walk with them atop one of the beautiful creatures. The Elephant trek will terminate at the Mega Inn where we will check out and then drive to Bukit Lawang, approximately 3 hrs away.
In Bukit Lawang we will check into our accommodation and then head off to the afternoon feeding station for a close up view (hopefully) of some local Orangutans. In the evening you will meet your guide for the trek tomorrow and go through the plan for the trip. (B)
Day 3 : Gunung Leuser National Park. Today we start our 2 day trek into the Gunung Leuser National Park. We will head into the hills on the other side of the Bohorok River. On the trek we will see Orangutans, Thomas Leaf Monkey, Pigtail Macaque, Longtail Macaque, Gibbons, Lizards, Turtles, Hornbills and more. Our camp site will be close to a stream or on the Bohorok River, Overnight in tents. (B, L, D)
Day 4 : Gunung Leuser National Park - Bukit Lawang. Today we will continue our jungle trek and head back towards Bukit Lawang sometime after lunch. Our journey back will be either on foot or we may even tube on inflatible inner tubes back to town. Once in Bukit Lawang we will check into our room and then have free time to wander around town and maybe have a swim in the Bohorok River. (B,L)
Day 5 : Bukit Lawang - Medan. After spending a restful night at our guest house we will drive back to Medan and check into our hotel. In the afternoon we will have a tour of Medan township which has a fascinating history. (B)
Day 6 : Medan - Home. For those heading back to their original port we will transfer you to the airport and for those staying on to explore Indonesia further we bid you fair-well. (B)
- No Roads Local Guide throughout your stay
- Overnight accommodation in above good medium class hotels based on single room
- Meals as outlined in Itinerary. (6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner)
- All tips to elephant guides, trek guides and tubbing guides. (Excludes tip to No Roads Guide)
- All park fees
- Tent and camping equipment
- All transfers
- Guide and porters through park
- Donation included for One Orangutan Adoption and Sponsoring 100 hectares of rainforest
- International Airfares
- Travel Insurance